Do People Still Fax?
By June Stoyer
In this digital age, with the ability to find everything and anything online, it is hard to believe that people still use fax machines. Although it may seem antiquated, many businesses rely upon faxes because of their authenticity. Law firms, state agencies, courts, hospitals, etc. are some examples of where faxes are still valid and necessary.
Faxing From Home
While on a quest to buy a new printer, I found myself puzzled as to what the difference between the HP DeskJet 4155e All-In-One Printer and the HP DeskJet 5755e consisted of. They both offered the functionality that I needed as far as printing, scanning and copying. However, I failed to understand what the difference between the two printers was. I knew there was something but what was it?
In the side-by-side comparison on BestBuy.com, they look the same but evidently, are not. You need to go beyond the basic specifications to figure out what the difference is other than the price.
Upon further review, it turned out that the HP All-In-One” DeskJet 4155e was slightly more expensive than the HP DeskJet 2755e because this printer was also a fax machine. In order to use the fax function, you simply had to plug the cable into your landline port. Then using the HP Smart app on a mobile device, you can then send a fax.
HP Fax From Mobile
In order to fax from your HP device, you must download and install the HP Smart app which is available in Google Play Store or Apple Store. Here is a screen shot of the app in Google Play Store.
After you download the HP Smart app, open it and add your printer from the listed devices available.
Once you have connected your printer, navigate to the option where you can send a fax. It is so easy to use!
Can I Send A Fax Through Gmail For Free?
Yes, you can and for free! First, go to https://workspace.google.com/marketplace/app/online_fax/249935525835
and install the fax app. If you can’t click the link, copy and paste the url. Then follow the instructions below from Google. Please note that only pdf documents can be faxed.
- Open your PDF file from your Google Drive or choose a PDF file from your computer.
- This file can be sent as a fax to any fax number in the world.
- Open your Gmail account and click on the “compose button” to start a new email.
- Enter the recipient’s fax number followed by @fax.plus in the “To field” (+email@example.com)
- Attach the document you wish to fax from Gmail and click send.
A Simple Tutorial
Faxing With eFax
Here is another alternative for faxing using eFax.com
1. Send a fax on your computer through the eFax portal on your web browser.
2. Send a fax on a smartphone or tablet with the eFax app.
3. Send a fax via email, anywhere you have an internet connection.
4. Receive a fax in the eFax portal, app, or email.
When in doubt, go to your public library, bank or UPS location! Happy Faxing!
If you enjoyed this content, please subscribe to our newsletter by clicking this link. We promise not to spam you.
Check out: Is AirBnB Worse Than Staying With Family?